2015 HILL VISIT
On April 14-16, 2015, PLACE conducted its annual visit to Capitol Hill in Washington, DC to advocate for increased federal support for affordable housing. PLACE exists to bring together and organize non-profit organizations that work in affordable housing and community development across the country to spread their message as a group. We are a grassroots group of housing practitioners that must balance increasing needs and decreasing resources. We go to DC to meet with Senators and Representatives to make our voices heard, and we need YOUR participation as a PLACE member to make a difference.
PLACE offers a $500 scholarship to PLACE members to help offset travel costs. Scholarships are available to support travel for Board members and senior staff members of PLACE member organizations. One scholarship is available per organization. Organizations who are able to attend for the full visit period will receive priority.
The visit will take place on April 14-16; the schedule, at a general level, is below.
Tuesday, April 14: PLACE Annual Meeting and Dinner
- All PLACE members arrive in Washington DC by 1 PM.
- 3-5 PM: PLACE annual meeting
- 5-7 PM: PLACE dinner
Wednesday, April 15: PLACE Hill Visit Day #1
- 9 AM: All PLACE members convene for pre-visit briefing.
- 10 AM – 5 PM: PLACE members visit assigned legislators in groups. Materials and talking points will be provided.
- 5-6:30 PM: (Optional) PLACE happy hour gathering
Thursday, April 16: PLACE Hill Visit Day #2
- 9 AM – 3 PM: PLACE members visit assigned legislators in groups.
- 5 PM and after: PLACE members depart Washington DC.